1 Keep The Government Informed
Keep the Government informed of all the cases of corruption, bribery, misconduct, misbehaviour and other malpractice involving Public Servants that come to its notice.
2 Collect Intelligence
Collect Intelligence on its own initiative or on the orders of Government in the Vigilance Department relating to corruption of any individual Public Servant or Public Servants belonging to department, class or category;
officer directory vigilance manual PDF useful links Three PDF How do I ? News listing News Detail
Vigilance sectors of Dehradun and Haldwani are declared Police Stations which can register cases under the Prevention of Corruption Act. All investigations are carried out in accordance with the provisions of Criminal Procedure Code 1973.
The following are the offence and classes of offence which may be investigated by Uttar Pradesh Vigilance Establishment, namely:
- a) Offence punishable under section 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 165A, 166, 167, 168, 169, 182, 193, 198, 201, 204, 211, 218, 342,379, 381, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 403, 406, 407, 408, 409, 411, 412, 413, 414, 417, 418, 419, 420, 465, 466, 467, 468, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 477A of the Indian Panel Code, 1860 (Act. XLV of 1860)
- b) Offence punishable under the Prevention of Corruption Act. 1947 ( Act.II of 1947)
- c) Offence punishable under the Prevention of Corruption Act. 1988
- d) Offence punishable under the Indian Official Secrets Act., 1923(XIX of 1923)
- e) Offence punishable under section 7 and 8 of the Essential Commodities Act., 1955 (Act. X of 1955) and conspiracies in relation thereto or in connection therewith.
- f) Offence punishable under section 24(1) (iii) of the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (LXV of 1951) and conspiracies in relation thereto or in connection therewith.
- g) Attempts, abetments and conspiracies in relation to or in connection with the offence mentioned in clauses (a) to (c) and any other offences committed in the course of the same transaction or arising out of the same facts.
Trap : when a complainant comes forward with a complaint of being victim of a demand of bribe by a Government Servant, the vigilance team conducts an operation to apprehend the accused red handed.
Make enquiries, secret or open into cases of corruption, bribery, misconduct, misbehaviour or other malpractices, that may be referred to it from time to time of the Government in the Vigilance Department
Secret Enquiry: Secret verification of allegations carried out on the basis of documents without contacting the concerned accused officer
Open Enquiry: Allegations enquired into based on documents as well as oral evidence.
5 Dealing With Complaints By Public
- 1) The complaints received by the Vigilance Establishment other than those mentioned to sub-para (2) below, are forwarded, with or without comments to Government in the Vigilance Department for orders.
- 2) No action is taken on complaints in the following instances and they shall be deposited, unless for any special reasons the Director of Vigilance decides to forward the same to Government:
- i) Anonymous and pseudonymous complaints;
- ii) Printed handouts, pamphlets etc., copies of which have been sent to several officers of Government; said
- iii) Complaints which are, prima facie, frivolous